Welcome to the South East Texas Amateur Club (SETAC) Website
SETAC, an Amateur Radio Club located in Greater Houston and serving the broad south east Texas area, has a proud history of promoting the rewarding aspects of Amateur Radio. Our members are talented and diverse and share the love of a hobby that brings enjoyment and an opportunity to continuously learn. Members can develop operating skills they want to learn as we have the knowledge within the Club to assist. Communities and government agencies have relied on the Club to provide reliable communication services for special events and emergencies as we have the reputation of committing our resources in any way we can. The Club supports its members by meeting at "Eats Mesquite Grill (corner of Tidwell and Hempstead Highway)" on the second Saturday of each month at 7:15 AM to share ideas and engage in informative discussions.
SETAC is truly committed to preserving the culture of Amateur Radio and if you would like to learn more about the Club, please email KD5MAM at SETXAC dot COM or contact any of the officers listed below...
SETAC Mission Statement
Our mission at South East Texas Amateur Club is to promote and advance Amateur Radio, in our communities, state, nationally, and internationally.
- We will provide education and training in basic electronics, radio theory, operating safety, and accepted operating practice to interested individuals.
- We will be prepared and available with equipment and qualified operators, to assist with supplying emergency Amateur Radio communications to community, city, state, and federal organizations requesting such assistance.
- We will hold SETAC meetings for the social, educational, and promotional advancement of Amateur Radio.
- We will host and conduct events that will educate Amatuers and the general public about the importance, flexibility, and versatility of Amateur Radio such as, but not limited to: radio direction finding (fox hunts), emergency preparedness (field day), and on air national and international contests.
- We will provide on air networks as needed for the sharing of general and technical information, information exchange protocol and in general the promotion of all aspects of Amateur Radio.
- We invite all Radio Amateur's from around the world to join us in enjoying a rewarding hobby and also providing a service to our cummunities.